“The Tower takes care of its own”
In the Air Awakens series, the Tower of Sorcerers is a secretive, magic place. It’s where young sorcerers are trained and where life-long bonds are formed. It’s a place of acceptance, in a world that can sometimes be cruel for cruelty’s sake.
I founded my Street Team back when I first began writing. And, as it began to grow, I realized it needed a name. Talking to the original members of the team, I fielded ideas of what the street team would like to be called, “Tower Guard” fit perfectly. I hope my team is a place where people feel accepted, supported, and included.
WHAT IS A “STREET TEAM?”
A street team is a special group that is designed to be composed of people who are excited about a musician, artist, or author, and are enthusiastic about spreading the word. Depending on what numbers you believe there’s somewhere between 600,000 and 1,000,000 books published each year in the U.S. With all of the options how do people find books they want to read?
The best way is word of mouth and that’s where the Tower Guard comes into play.
WHAT ARE A TOWER GUARD’S RESPONSIBILITIES?
The main “responsibility” of a Tower Guard is to help spread the word about my books. Some ways this can happen…
- Tell people you know about the books and share with friends & family to help spread the word
- Buy the books during the first week of release – this helps get books on bestseller lists
- Ask your local library to order my books, give the librarians the title, name, and link
- Leave promo materials at local book stores, coffee shops, or library – with permission!
- Signal boost my social posts and post your own
- Join in any big social pushes for releases or announcements
- Feature interviews, reviews, excerpts or anything else on your blog, website, Facebook, etc…
- Visit during online appearances like chats and blog tours
- Connect me with people you know who you think would be interested
- Review the books as soon as possible at online retailers with your (honest) thoughts
Overall though, the group is designed to be uplifting and fun. There’s not a “requisite amount” members have to do. As long as Guards are doing their best and looking after each other, I’m happy!
HOW DO I BECOME A TOWER GUARD?
Anyone who is willing to spread the word about my books can become a Tower Guard!
If you’re interested, request to join the Facebook group (if you use Facebook) and fill out the questions. While you do not have to join the Facebook group to be a member of the Tower Guard, it does help as most of the day-to-day conversation and interaction happens there!
[themify_button text=”#ffffff” color=”#003b2a” target=”<strong>_blank</strong>” link=”https://www.facebook.com/groups/EliseKovaStreetTeam/”]Join the Facebook Group[/themify_button]
You’ll also want to fill out the newsletter form below… This is a separate newsletter from my regular one and has Tower Guard only information, links, and giveaways.
You will receive an email confirmation with further information and additional Tower Guard materials. Please check your spam (or your promotional folder if you use gmail) if you do not receive it promptly. If it is filtered into one of these folders, be sure to right click the email and select “not spam” or “filter into inbox”.
The email will come from Elise@EliseKova.com, I recommend adding this email to your contacts so that it’s white listed and isn’t filtered into spam.
WHAT DO I GET FOR BEING A TOWER GUARD?
I know asking you to keep my book top-of-mind in your day-to-day life is a lot. So, along with my gratitude, you’ll have a few other perks. Expect changes as I hope to make some of the perks better as time goes on, but for now Street Team members can expect:
- Acceptance into an exclusive Facebook group to share your thoughts, talk to me, and engage with other fans
- A giveaway each month for a signed book OR special swag
- New release giveaways for special swag to give away or keep to yourself
- Access to early copies of my unpublished work.
- Exclusive Q&A sessions or live “hangouts”
Still not sure if you want to join the Tower Guard? Why don’t you start with the
non Street Team members welcome!