1) We need total silence, so we can put in our ear-buds.
Yes, turning up the music is to block everything out other than what we need to be focusing on.
2) Don’t disturb our writing groove. DON’T
You have no idea how hard it is to get back into a mental state to write a scene. If an author is pulled out then it could take hours to get back into it.
(3) This is not how we type. But we wish it was.
(4) Sometimes, inspiration hits us like a sweet piece of pie straight to the face. We absolutely must heed this call.
5) Let it Go. If we’re in author land that’s it, we’re gone. You’ll just have to let us go and accept that the chores will (maybe) get done later. We don’t know how long this lasts.
And, authors, sometimes you have to let it go and get the words on the page.