“The Tower takes care of its own”
In the Air Awakens series, the Tower of Sorcerers is a secretive, magic place. It’s where young sorcerers are trained and where life-long bonds are formed. It’s a place of acceptance, in a world that can sometimes be cruel for cruelty’s sake.
I founded my Street Team back when I first began writing. And, as it began to grow, I realized it needed a name. Talking to the original members of the team, I fielded ideas of what the street team would like to be called, “Tower Guard” fit perfectly. I hope my team is a place where people feel accepted, supported, and included.
What is a “Street Team?”
A street team is a special group that is designed to be composed of people who are excited about a musician, artist, or author, and are enthusiastic about spreading the word. Depending on what numbers you believe there’s somewhere between 600,000 and 1,000,000 books published each year in the U.S. With all of the options how do people find books they want to read?
The best way is word of mouth and that’s where the Tower Guard comes into play.
How do I become a Tower Guard?
The Tower Guard is always accepting new recruits who are excited to share the word about my books! From big bloggers to just being happy to tell your Facebook friends a new book has come out, everyone is welcome. Some of the duties include:
- Tell people you know about the books and share with friends & family to help spread the word
- Buy the books during the first week of release – this helps get books on bestseller lists
- Ask your local library to order my books, give the librarians the title, name, and link
- Leave promo materials at local book stores, coffee shops, or library – with permission!
- Signal boost my social posts and post your own
- Join in any big social pushes for releases or announcements
- Feature interviews, reviews, excerpts or anything else on your blog, website, Facebook, etc…
- Visit during online appearances like chats and blog tours
- Connect me with people you know who you think would be interested
- Review the books as soon as possible at online retailers with your (honest) thoughts
If you’re interested in being a part of the Tower Guard be sure to fill out this Google Form and request to join the Facebook group (if you use Facebook). While you do not have to join the Facebook group to be a member of the Tower Guard, it does help as most of the day-to-day conversation and interaction happens there!
What do I get for being a Tower Guard?
I know asking you to keep my book top-of-mind in your day-to-day life is a lot. So, along with my gratitude, you’ll have a few other perks. Expect changes as I hope to make some of the perks better as time goes on, but for now Street Team members can expect:
- Acceptance into an exclusive Facebook group to share your thoughts, talk to me, and engage with other fans
- A drawing each release month for a $15 Amazon gift card (TWO WINNERS)
- Promotional materials to give out, showing all your friends how cool you are
- Promotional materials to keep for yourself, to remind yourself how cool you are
- Autographed copies of books, bookmarks, postcards, and more
- Exclusive Q&A sessions or live “hangouts”
Interested in Joining the Tower Guard? Fill out the following form:
You will receive an email confirmation with further information and additional Tower Guard materials. Please check your spam (or your promotional folder if you use gmail) if you do not receive it promptly. If it is filtered into one of these folders, be sure to right click the email and select “not spam” or “filter into inbox”.
Still not sure if you want to join the Tower Guard? Why don’t you start with the
non Street Team members welcome!